The Makulinski Family Foundation (MFF)
The Makulinski Family Foundation is committed to creating long-lasting investments in the community. Therefore, the foundation bases grant funding on the success of each charity.
MFF and YOU
Since its creation, the Makulinski Family Foundation has worked to create persistent change in local communities domestically and internationally. To maximize the impact of donations and grants, MFF will match investments in either time or treasure. (Matches range from a 10 to 1 to a 1 to 2 depending on the perceived affluence of the beneficiaries.)
The Makulinski Family Foundation is proud of our work in Ohio, Michigan, South Carolina, and abroad. The foundation is happy to take all proposals under consideration.
Mark Makulinski was born in Flint, Michigan, and raised in Toledo, Ohio. He received a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from General Motors Institute. Mark worked at General Motors as a process engineer and at Bunting Bearings, LLC as an engineering manager before purchasing Lockrey Manufacturing in 1977.
Mark is past chairman and former owner of Lockrey Manufacturing. He sold the business to his employees through an ESOP in 2016. At that time, Mark and his wife, Rosemary, relocated to Greenville, South Carolina, where Mark served as president of the Rotary Club of Foothills in Travelers Rest. Currently, Mark lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and continues to be involved with the Toledo Rotary Club, where he is an honorary member.
Mark and his wife, Rosemary, have three children, Jennifer, David, and Robert. Mark and Rosemary also are proud grandparents to nine grandchildren.
Mark leads by example, as he:
- Displays high ethical standards in his business & profession
- Advances the idea of services through his participation and leadership
- Promotes worldwide understanding, goodwill & peace
- Established a reputation for business and professional ethics, serving others in charitable, educational cultural & business leadership roles
- Continually shares his time, talent, and treasures for the benefit of others
- Serves with merit and distinction
- Develops acquaintances as an opportunity for service while leading by example
During his membership in the Rotary Club of Toledo, Mark has been an active participant, as he:
- Chaired the Red Cross Blood Drive and introduced our Club members to his first ‘match’ idea
- Served as a Club Board Director
- Sponsored the club's annual fundraiser events in 2011, and 2015, and as presenting sponsor in 2018 through the family foundation.
- Served as Toledo Rotary Club Foundation Annual Campaign Chairman
- Served as Community Services Chairman
- Served as Youth Services Committee Chairman
- Served as MESA Club Advocate, increasing member ridership in annual MESA fundraising bike rides
- Created and presented a Polio Plus Match, resulting in a major contribution to Polio Plus
- Created and presented a Shelter Box Match, resulting in a major contribution to Shelter Box
- Supported scholarship funding for high school students to attend the Club’s 2015 Water Conference
- Presented the Toledo Rotary Club’s two "March Matchness" events, resulting in increased awareness and member contributions to the club’s foundation from 52% to 78% of members
- Received multiple Paul Harris Fellow awards
- Major Donor to the Rotary International Foundation, becoming a member of the Arch Klumph Society
- Major Donor to the Toledo Rotary Club Foundation
- Exhibited personal qualities of idealism and selflessness
- Member of the Toledo Rotary Club Foundation Centennial Society
- 2015 Bowling Champion through the Toledo Rotary Bowling Fellowship